Friday, January 9, 2015

Update

Happy 2015! May your year grow increasingly better and may the love of God shine in your life.

The last several months have been busy and challenging- hence the lack of updates here. But if you’ll take a look at my Twitter feed you’ll find that there is not much more recent written there, either.

What’s been going on? Well, I’m so glad you asked! ;) In the quickest, most succinct way possible, I will tell you: flights from Romania to Ohio, summer camp counseling, new job, move, then move to a new state, apartment remodel, problems with the remodel, more problems with the remodel, Christmas, then moving in and trying to organize my whole life into said apartment.

Like I said, busy.

The remodel was pretty challenging considering that we were turning an old pool room in a 130 year-old barn into an efficiency apartment. I nearly gave up on the whole project several times, and wallowing in despair was tempting. But the Lord’s Will prevailed (and my parents’ visiting three or more times) and we finally did it. There are still a few things left to do, which will hopefully get done by the end of summer. I’d really like a cabinet floor under my sink….

Another difficult thing has been putting myself out there again. Honestly, I still might have no friends had I not purposed to make moving to Indiana a great opportunity to meet new people. My Ohio friends think I’m crazy for showing up at a laser tag event somewhere on the back roads of the city I live in (actually, I don’t think it was even a part of the city), knowing no one there and having not even RSVP’ed to the event. Ok, maybe that was a little crazy…. Still, it paid off. I met several great people that I now call friends and attend their young adult group as well as go to their church.
And, lastly, did I mention I am now a nanny? Yeah, not easy. But I’m loving it.


Now comes the part where I put all that aside and eat some humble pie because, despite everything, I’m sure I could have found some time to write for you. My dear readers, forgive me. Please note the following:  I've purposed to write at least once a week from now on- despite not having easy access to an internet connection. You are all well worth a weekly trip to Starbucks or McDonalds to use Wi-Fi. I value each and every person who reads this blog because I know that you don’t have to. There are many other things you could be doing, but you have chosen to listen to the ramblings of a young woman just trying to find herself on this crazy planet we call Earth. 

Thank you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment