Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Convicting Topic: Is Your God Too Small?


Just a few minutes ago I listened to a message in Chip Ingram's God As He Longs For You To See Him called Is Your God Too Small? Part 2.

And I was blown away.

I've been a Christian for close to ten years now. You'd think my view of God would be better than most. But... to be honest... the "test" that Chip gives at the end of the message cut me to the heart. At best, I could probably give myself a six in each category.

Don't think that I don't see God and don't have a pretty good idea who He is. But do I really have that, "Wow...", blown away feeling when I think of Him? Do I think of Him that much- in all His intricacies and not in basic brush strokes? And can others SEE that?

Chip has convicted me today to spend more time- 180 seconds precisely- before I pray just pondering who God is. Just to sit there and meditate on His awesomeness. So I have a challenge for you, too, but you had better act fast because I don't know how many hours this message is online before they take it down: Listen to Chip's message and then answer the questions at the end truthfully.

You might be glad you did.

PS. If you read this too late and missed today's message, you can download it here temporarily for $0.99 and later for around $1.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment